Current version: 2.56 from January 6th, 2013
There is only one Hybrid-Installer for Desktop-Reminder FREE and PRO and Windows 32/64 bit.
- First day of week can be customized in the PRO version
- Row height can be changed, printing of tasks with multiple lines is possible
- Support for Windows 8
- Time formatting and the user interface language can be set in the program options
- Task import
from iCalendar files (*.ics)
- New setting telling if the program should stay minimized after the Windows start or its main window should be shown
- Custom task categories and category editor in the PRO version
- Setting category for multiple tasks is possible
- completely new user interface with ribbon in MS Office 2010 style
- Date Navigator
(small calendar) for the task list even in the FREE version
- Docking functionality for the Date Navigator
- Task summary as a balloon in system tray
- New columns "Week of year", "Year" and "Month" in the task list
- Task grouping
by status, year, month, week in the PRO version
- 30 new skins / themes, i.e. "High Contrast" for better accessibility
- Simple daily backup of the database file
- Info in the task list about age or elapsed time since birthday or other anniversary
1. Keep Desktop-Reminder 1.x (Don't uninstall it yet)
2. Install Desktop-Reminder 2.x
3. Start Desktop-Reminder 2.x and import tasks.rem from Desktop-Reminder 1.x
4. Uninstall Desktop-Reminder 1.x
Desktop-Reminder 2.x is installed parallel to Desktop-Reminder 1.x. Desktop-Reminder 1.x will not be automatically uninstalled. It is recommended to import existing tasks from Desktop-Reminder 1.x and afterwards to uninstall Desktop-Reminder 1.x (Menu START->Desktop-Reminder->Uninstall Desktop-Reminder
). Tasks can be easily imported with the Import-Wizard during the first start of Desktop-Reminder 2.x.
If you haven't asked yet "Where is my task database stored
?", you don't need to read this section further ;-)
- Database format and its default store place has been changed in the v.2.x. Old and new database format is not compatible, and it is impossible to share the same database by the old and the new program version. However Desktop-Reminder 2.x can import tasks from Desktop-Reminder 1.x.
- Desktop-Reminder 2.x can not automatically detect if its database was externally changed. If two or more instances of Desktop-Reminder 2.x share the same database file (i.e. in the local network), so each program instance has to manually actualize its task list by pressing the F5 key.